Saturday, August 18, 2007

TWISIB 101

With the dog days of summer in full swing, I thought it might be a good time to cover the basics. Since my good buddy Tim (aka Tman) was kind enough to give a shout-out to TWISIB on his blog, I figured I'd go over a few things for the benefit of his readers who might find their way over-or for anyone else who has ever stumbled upon my blog. So this, dear reader, is TWISIB 101.

A little about me:

I'm a Nashville native. That in itself is a rare enough thing these days-it seems like everyone in Nashville is from somewhere else. Cubs fan. I never made it on the Braves bandwagon-I got hooked on the Cubs watching the great mid-80s teams play on WGN. Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, and of course Harry Caray all had something to do with my baseball addiction.

I'm a bit left of center, but I'm not as much of a lefty nut-job as Tim might have you think. Although we don't agree on everything, some of that is simply me enjoying the role of devil's advocate. I have my own views, but I'm always willing to listen to someone else's. With that in mind-should there ever be some heated debates going on in the comments, let's keep it civil, folks. Treat other people the way you'd want to be treated. Fair enough? I hope so. If you're looking for a place to read (and talk) about sports, politics, and the occasional Frank Zappa record, this is the place for you. Come on in. Make yourselves at home. Post a comment, even. Enjoy.

No comments: